
Is it possible for cats to be blokes' blokes? Sam and Merry have a definite preference for The Boy. Not only do they get genuinely excited when he comes home from work; they follow him up the stairs and cry plaintively outside the bathroom while he's on the loo; they jump onto his lap while he's watching telly and gaze at him adoringly; they actively seek out his affection whereas mine is given the 'sloppy-kiss-off-an-old-smelly-aunt' brush-off. In fact, this morning when I got up to do the morning feed (so that The Boy could have a lie-in) the cats looked positively disappointed ...
Nope, Sam and Merry definitely prefer hanging out with da boyz.
4 comments:
I know just what you mean - When I come home, I feel a bit guilty for waking Freya up, but when Anna comes home, she's up and running for the door to greet her. Still it may be relevant that I'm always at my computer, and Anna has (apparently) the most comfortable cat-bed imaginable built into her lap! (or at least it seems that way!)
Hmm, I just think it's just a simple case of the boys ganging up on the girls ... and in your case the girls ganging up on the boys ;-)
I'm thinking it may be a 'HAIR' thing. Merry and Sam probably relate to the boy easily as they all have a lot of that in common :-)
Post a Comment