Monday, February 25, 2008

Home alone ...

I'm so happy. Merry and Sam have survived the day home alone. And they don't look any the worse for wear. In fact Sam seems to be more relaxed than ever. I don't think Merry is 100% back to normal. He's still a little on the morose side, but he wolfed his food down, which is surely a good sign.

The excellent news is that Sam demolished his food without a second's hesitation. The Boy and I are soooooo relieved.

Merry is a faster eater than Sam and when he's eaten half his own food he moves across to Sam's bowl, bulldozes Sam out of the way, and starts chowing Sam's food. This has happened at every meal. So now that Sam has got his appetite back I've developed a strategy that will nip Merry's habit in the bud. Whenever Merry moves across to Sam's bowl (which is a good three feet away) I gently remove him from the room. I did this for the first time tonight and you should have heard him protesting. Hopefully he'll get the message ;-)

I put a bowl of water in the conservatory this evening and put two ping pong balls in it. I'm intrigued to find out how they react to it.

Aww, Sam is sitting on the back of the sofa watching the world go by. I love this little man already. He takes such a great interest in everything :-)

Making a donation is easy. Simply make your cheque out to the RSPCA and send it to: RSPCA Ashford Garden Cattery, 34 Station Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PH

No comments: