(Merry is a snow bengal with beautiful big blue eyes.)
I finally heard Sam meow today. Well, it was more like a rasp than a meow. It reminded me of the old ladies I used to nurse; the ones who'd smoked 60 a day (without filters!) for 60 years. However, what the wee furry fella lacks in vocal chords he certainly makes up for in other ways. For example ...
When The Boy stroked Sam yesterday, he purred like a lion. It was thunderous!!!
Sam continues to come out of his shell. He LOVES exploring the house. I don't think he can quite believe his luck ... so much space ... so much to be sniffed out ... so many things to sharpen his claws on.
Merry on the other hand is happy just to snooze in the conservatory. He was banished to eat in the kitchen this evening because he wouldn't leave Sam's food alone. I think I might try feeding them in separate rooms for a while until I'm satisfied that Sam's appetite is 100% back to normal.
We've been feeding them Felix so far, because that's what the RSPCA recommended. However, we also have a box of Whiskas to get through. I hope Merry and Sam don't notice the difference. It certainly looks and smells the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment