... okay, forget the blog where I told you Sammy's tummy was okay.
Two days ago Sammy stopped eating and started vomiting. The Boy and I decided to play the 'wait and see' game in case it was a 24 hour bug or something. Then yesterday when I got home from work, there was vomit AND diarrhoea on the floor. Sam, bless him, looked awful. He looked gaunt, was walking slowly and didn't seem engaged at all. I whisked him off to the vets minutes later after watching him have a wee in the garden only to realise it wasn't wee after all. Not to mention the white frothy vomit that followed.
The vet told me that Sam's temperature was dangerously high and that he was dehydrated and in some pain. So I agreed to keep in the hospital overnight where they put him on a drip, and pumped him with painkillers and antibiotics. This morning when we picked him up he looked brighter, but still hasn't eaten.
The vet couldn't really tell us what was wrong with him. She suspects it's 'something infectious' but can't say what. He's due back at the vets this evening at 10 past 6 for another antibiotic jab ... and if he's still under the weather they'll run some tests to get to the bottom of it (excuse the pun).
My poor little Sambo. He's such an entertaining little cheeky chops usually. Hopefully he'll be back to his usual bubbly self soon.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Sambo Skitter Pants' Hospital Visit
Labels:
bengal,
bengal cats,
bengal kittens,
discipline cats,
naughty cats,
pets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my.... I'll say a prayer for poor little Sammy... I know full well what its's like when our little fur babies aren't well - it's not even like they can tell us where it's hurting is it?
Post a Comment