Hallo, just a quick update on Merry.
We decided to take Chez' advice and wean him off the prescription food slowly. So this week we have been feeding him a half and half mix of prescription food and Hi Life fish. And guess what?! His poos have been perfect.
The only hiccup was a bit of blood that I noticed on one of the poos whilst emptying the litter tray. I'm almost sure it was Merry's and this is something The Boy and I are monitoring closely before we panic and rush him off to the vets. I'm hoping it was just a little bit of straining that caused an anal fissure.
In the meantime we'll carry on with the half and half mix.
Over all, The Boy and I are happy with the way things are looking. No more runny poos. No more smelly poos. (The poos used to be so smelly we had to put tea towels across our faces to stop us from gagging when we emptied the litter tray not to mention the tonne of scented candles we were getting through each week). No more pooey paw prints on the furniture. No more emptying the litter tray three and four times a day. No more replacing the litter two or three times a week. No more hungry cats.
And best of all Merry seems happy too.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad things have settled down with Merry and the poo prints everywhere. Are they still enjoying their climbing frame? And the freedom of the garden?
Post a Comment