Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sam's Obsessed

Oh no. Sam has become addicted to Da Bird. I kid ye not. He is obsessed. All day every day he is pining for it. I said 'no' to him the other night and he actually made a sad little hiccupy noise in his throat. Rob and I were gutted for him. And this evening, when Rob said no, Sammy got in a really bad mood and took a swipe at Merry (he's like a drug addict going cold turkey). I suspect we're going to have to try and wean him off it.

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Freya's Staff said...

Awww, poor Sammie!! That's so funny! the sad little hicuppy noise sounds hillarious!

Why don't you buy some elastic, and tie it to the ceiling, and he'll get bored of it, after a month or two? :-) Although maybe not leave him with it unattended..

Have you tried him outside with it?

How's Merry with it? isn't he particularly bothered?

thecopycup said...

We've given him one without the string attached and he just isn't bothered with it. He knows there's the other one in the drawer and meows for that. We've tried him in the garden with it and he goes NUTS for it. He is totally exhausted afterwards, puffing and panting like a dog. I can see why he likes it but he's obsessed. Merry likes it, but isn't hooked like Sammy is. I think Sammy is a bright cat. He gets bored quickly and Da Bird wakens something in him that he loves. Plus he has the energy of a kitten, so it's just go go go with him. Non stop charging around like a loon. I see Freya is enjoying Da Bird. She's so pretty!

Flamincatdesigns said...

Everyone loves Da Bird here too!

I really enjoy your blog and would like to give you an award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.

Freya's Staff said...

Oh aren't you the big-shot award-winner now! :-) two in two days! I've given you an award too, as you're one of my favourite blogs.. (obviously!) :-) Keep it in the family eh?... :-)

Love from Freyamom.

It's at http://freyacat.blogspot.com/